Diaspora Returns! Tell your friends.

Monday, October 03, 2005

 

What's Eaton You?

Starting game 3 for the Padres is RHP Adam Eaton. Eaton's a good pitcher at home, and gets good results there even after pitching poorly upon his return from injury. Last season, he never lived up to his potential. This year, he started out on fire, a large part of why the Padres jumped out to an early lead in the NL West. I suspect the Cards remain focused, not taking his performace through the end of summer too lightly. Is this the clincher? I hope so, since I've been fighting off this "terrible sinus infection" for the NLCS, with a possible relapse later in the month. More tidbits of interest re: Adam Eaton. - Career vs. St. Louis: 5GS, 1-2, 5.04 ERA, 1.52 WHIP, .290 BAA - at Home this year, 11GS, 8-1, 3.46 ERA, 1.31 WHIP, .257 BAA - Upon returning to the Padres rotation on August 26 thru the end of the season, he went 2-3, with a 5.20 ERA, 7.4 K/9, 3.4 BB/9, 1.20 HR/9, 2.18 K/BB. - at home since returning from injury 8/26, 5GS, 2-1, 5.06 ERA, 9.1 K/9, 3.0 BB/9, 1.01 HR/9, 3.00 K/BB - Struckout 11 Dodgers in his last start; it was the Dodgers. - There is an excellent song by The Jam called "Eaton Rifles" Larry Walker vs. Eaton, 2005: 1-3, HR; career vs. Eaton: 11-32, 4 2B, 5 HR, 5BB, 4K .344/.436/.938 Pujols vs. Eaton, 2005: 2-3, HR; career vs. Eaton: 2-7, HR, 2BB, 0K .286/.500/.714 Edmonds vs. Eaton, 2005: 1-2, 2B; career vs. Eaton: 3-11, 2B, HR, 2BB, 3K .273/.385/.636
Comments:
According to ESPN, it's Pedro Astachio. Though he's been pretty good since the Padres got him a couple months ago (not Woody Williams in August-Septempber of 2001 good, but pretty good), but I can't recall him owning the Cards during his time with the Rockies and Mets.

Of course, I'm more concerned with our pitching than theirs.
 
nah, i'm not so worried. i think you're right on the Eaton for game three, just Yahoo assuming the Pads rotation was going to be the same. He's been better but some is due to playing in Petco, his walk rate is WAY up since coming to the NL too...not a good thing to let men on base with out lineup.
 
Your site Blogger, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for 212 yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site 212 I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!
 
Your site Blogger, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for 248 yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site 248 I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!
 
Your site Blogger, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for 408 yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site 408 I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?