Diaspora Returns! Tell your friends.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

All Star, All Shmar

All-Star game tonight (yawn), and while it hasn't peaked my interest so much as a pennant race, it has put the olive branch-spirit into my heart. "What means he," you ask? Rolen. I think it's a good idea for him to take a bow and rest up. His replacement, Morgan Ensberg of the division rival Astros, is a more than deserving All Star this year. He's got 24 HR, 65 RBI, and .290/.386/.591. I don't have a a moment to compare at this point, but that puts him in the running for the top NL 3B of 2005. Sure, I'll always think Rolen is deserving of All Star designation, but I also understand the importance of the game for rewarding players in the midst of an outstanding season, even if they are from the hated Astros.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?