Diaspora Returns! Tell your friends.

Monday, May 16, 2005

 

View from the Duke City

Man, that Mabry is one helluva bench player. Rolen goes down and nobody in St. Louis would notice if they weren't looking for that bg ol' corn fed #27 at 3B. Rolen's replacement, and another nice outing from the reborn Matty Mo, give the Cards a series win against the Mets. (meet the Mets, meet the Mets...Come right in and , greet the Mets) That song got stuck in my head from Seinfeld. Anyway, I wanted to give everyone out there in the Diaspora, including those in back in the homeland, a notice that it'll be slim pickens here at the Diaspora for a few days. I'm in Albuquerque, NM for a work gig (conference on conferences, that sort of post-modern thing), and then I'm taking a few days to reaquiant my feet with the solid dirt of the good earth. After Wednesday, I'll be in the Gila River wilderness and the friendly, desolate surroundings of Silver City, NM, smelling the juniper, fishing the wilde rivers, breathing in the clean, crisp, cool air of the great American West. Not that, my thoughts won't be with the Birds, but my soul and spirit need a little attention this week. Anywho...I just wanted to give everyone a head's up, as were starting to get a few more readers here at the Diaspora, readers not related to the immediate family even! Another shout out goes to my wife, Amy. She is an incredibly beautiful person, inside and out, and she deserves a huge thank you for being understanding of my Redbirds obsession and the personal need to take an extra day in the mountains from my work trip. She is truly the inspiration for everything I do (heck, she even read 3 Nights in August), and even the Cardinals are a distant second in my heart to her. This is also a good time to say thanks to everyone who has been stopping by the site. I'm truly honored to be a part of a great group of fans who have dedicated themselves to the Cards. Make sure you click on one of the links over to the left, these are some great musings on our team, and proof that the greatest writing and insight into the game doesn't have to come from a paid journalist in a major newspaper.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?